Institutional Code of Conduct for Students
- The college expects students to adopt a mature and professional approach to their studies and their general conduct around the college.
- Every male and female student, shall wear clean and neat prescribed uniform. Students should carry their valid Institutional identity cards inside the campus.
- Possession/ Consumption of intoxicants/ psychotropic substances/ drugs in any form, smoking, using chewing gum, paan masala, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Ragging/Sexual harassment in any form is objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence by law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Supreme Court.
- Students should handle the furniture and other equipment’s with care. Damage to furniture, defacing white boards in class rooms/ sign boards and walls shall lead suspension or penalty from college. In case of any instance of non-compliance of above existing rules/ code of conduct, disciplinary action will be initiated against the defaulter, which can even lead expulsion from the college.
Institutional Code of Conduct for Non-Teaching Staff
- Every staff employed in the college shall stay within the college during office hours and discharge his/ her duties efficiently and diligently and maintain honesty, integrity, fairness and total quality management in all activities with mutual respect.
- No non-teaching staff member should divulge official secrets, infringe, mutilate, conceal or forge official documents, receipts, etc.
- No staff member is allowed to intercept, misuse or misappropriate institutional money or goods/ services.
- No non-teaching staff member should resort to anything which can tarnish the image of the college.
- No non-teaching staff member should be a constituent of any secret cult.
- No non-teaching staff member should use official time for private activities whatsoever.
- Every staff employed at all times should deal politely with students, general public and with rest of the college staff. They must exercise self-discipline.
- All non-teaching staff members should avoid using social networking sites such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc. during working hours and must abstain from taking photographs unnecessarily.
Institutional Code of Conduct for Teaching Staff
Teaching is a noble a profession. It shapes the character, caliber and future of the individual. He/ she can inspire and ignite them and instill a love of learning among students. Teacher’s loyalty, sense of dedication and integrity of character at all times is an inspiration to their students. Teachers have to adhere to the following code of this institution:
- Uphold the honour and dignity of teaching profession and act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of assigned job.
- Provide innovative and quality education to students and apply knowledge and experience in facilitating the holistic development of students.
- Be impartial, fair and committed to the best interests of students and nurture equality.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the institution, and work to establish and maintain a culture of mutual interest.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers and seek to develop positive relationship with students, parents and college administration.
- Be good counsellors and facilitators and avoid confusion between professional work and private interests, which can have negative impact on students.
- Comply with policies, procedures and guidelines of the institution, which aim to promote student education, welfare and protection.
- Create an environment where students can become active agents in the learning process, and develop lifelong learning skills.
- Act in the best interests of students, and help, guide and assist students in their learning process. They should encourage inquisitive students asking doubts and questions.
- Interact with students in a friendly manner and not to exert personal influence in classroom with a particular student or group of students.
Conduct of Conduct for Principal
College principals are well-respected leaders who serve their students, teachers and rest of staff with great dedication and responsibility. college principals are required to adhere to a strict code of conduct, which are given below:
- College principal has to monitor, manage and educate the administration of the institution.
- He/She has to chalk out a policy and plan to execute the vision and mission.
- Empower all his/her staff and students to reach their maximum potential and to be fair in his disciplinary actions for all faculty members, nonteaching staff and students.
- He/she must not nurture any grudge against any member which may lead to animosity and anxiety in the organization.
- Ensure that the staff and students are aware of rules, policies and procedures laid down by the college and enforce them properly.
- To make all his/her decisions for the best interests of the students and never put his interests above the greater good of the college.
- He/she has to respect the rights of all members of the committees members of the college.
- Must thrust moral and ethical values while dealing with some sensitive issues, and avoid careless decisions that may result in violations of law.
- College principal must refrain from inappropriate conduct and relationships with students and staff. He must listen to the students’ ideas and set a supportive tone. Has to exhibit outstanding and strong leadership skills and empower all staff members and students to reach their maximum potential.
- Students trust their principal to take care of them, thus principal must apply active and passive honesty. He/she should never directly lie to anyone, must never withheld vital information that he/she has to make public.
- Execute other qualitative and quantitative work for the welfare of the institution and carry forward the mission and vision of the college for academic excellence so that society is served in real manner.